- Certified Cloud Computing Associate (CCCA)
- Certified Cloud Computing Specialist (*CCCS)
- Certified Cloud Computing Professional (CCCP)
The Global Science and Technology Forum (GSTF) has launched new training and certification programs to provide IT professionals with expertise in building world-class cloud computing services and solutions.
“Rapid development and deployment of applications are the key reasons thousands of users are adopting cloud computing. We’ve designed our certification programs with that in mind,” said Prof. the Hon. Dr. Stephen Martin, GSTF Executive Chairman – Pro Tem. “Our certification programs offer basic concepts, advanced technologies, identifying and managing security, privacy and other risks, best practices, critical success factors, cloud strategy, adoption and management plan, cloud deployment, managing services in the cloud and business continuity.”
1. Intoduction and Overview
Cloud computing is a hot topic in computing and it offers a variety of computing resources as utilities over the Internet, on pay-for-use model. It creates a paradigm shift in how we harness IT and offers several benefits compared to traditional on-premise computing model which reduced costs, increased agility and flexibility.
Global Science and Technology Forum (GSTF) launches a new training and certification pathway program on Cloud Computing – a hot topic in computing – to provide IT professionals and managers, business executives and students with expertise in building world-class cloud computing services and solutions. This layered pathway program is offered as a three-level series:
Certified Cloud Computing Associate
Level 1: Foundations of Cloud Computing
Certified Cloud Computing Specialist
Level 2: Cloud Computing Technologies, Services, and Applications
Certified Cloud Computing Professional
Level 3: Deploying and Managing Applications in Cloud
GSTF cloud computing training and certification program is designed to provide practitioners and students necessary knowledge, skills and expertise in the fast growing area of cloud computing as well familiar with best practices for harnessing the benefits of cloud computing.
This three-level training program is comprehensive and covers a broad spectrum of topics: basic concepts, advanced technologies, identifying and managing security, privacy and other risks, best practices, critical success factors, cloud strategy, adoption and management plan, cloud deployment, managing services in the cloud and business continuity. At each level, participants are offered a 3-day intensive training course followed by assessment resulting in certificates, providing a clear pathway for advancement in this hot topic of growing interest.
Together, these programs will cover all the major elements needed for successfully adopting cloud-computing for a wide range of applications in business, government, education, and finance. This series of courses and supporting materials will help participants get up to speed with the latest advances and best practices in cloud computing.
3. Target Participants
Cloud computing certification is one of the hottest technology certifications in today’s job market. This comprehensive training and certification program will be of specific interest to IT professionals, business analysts, managers, consultants, and system integrators as well students and executives, and help them gain new employment and/or take up new roles. This certification will address the demand from business and industry for personal who can understand, evaluate and implement cloud computing solutions.
4. Skills that the participants will gain
This three-level training program will provide the participants with in-depth knowledge, skills and expertise needed to understand, evaluate, develop and deploy computing services and solutions for a range of applications. Specifically,
- Foundations of Cloud Computing(Certified Cloud Computing Associate, Level 1) will impart the participants the ability to understand the principles and foundations of cloud computing, various types of clouds, and current cloud offerings that they can make use; the skills to identify potential, benefits and risks of cloud computing, and the ability to evaluate cloud’s basic offerings. The program will provide participants essential skills to understand the concepts of cloud computing as well the technologies and framework that support cloud computing, the ability to apply cloud computing, and the ability examine and recommend suitability of, as well as implications of, cloud computing for a given application considering several technical and non-technical aspects.
- Cloud Computing Technologies, Services, and Applications (*Certified Cloud Computing Specialist, Level 2) will impart participant an in-depth knowledge of cloud computing – architectures, technologies, application development on clouds, emerging cloud standards, and performance monitoring and evaluation. Participants will gain the skills to review in depth a variety of currently available cloud computing options, to discuss issue and challenges, and to develop clouds, offer cloud computing services, and develop and deploy applications in clouds, addressing the cloud challenges.
- Deploying and Managing Applications in Clouds(Certified Cloud Computing Professional, Level 3) will impart participants various technical management skills needed to successfully identify, deploy and managing various types of applications in clouds, and to develop and implement enterprise cloud strategy, as well the ability to harness the potential of the clouds maximizing the benefits and minimising the risks and meeting compliance and regulatory requirements.
5. About the Program
Participants will undergo a 3-day intensive training program for each level. The program will consist of lectures/presentations augmented with tutorials discussions, case studies and interactive question and answers sessions. Participants will also receive comprehensive course materials and resources for further information. Thus, the participants will learn from different means and sources: lecture/presentations, tutorial discussions, Q&A sessions, comprehensive lecture notes, and handy additional resources.
6. About the Principal Trainer (Dr. San Murugesan)
- Former Senior Research Fellow, US National Research Council, NASA Ames Research Center, California, USA.
- Associate Editor-in-Chief, IEEE IT Professional Magazine
- Member, Global Science & Technology Forum (GSTF) Advisory Board
- Principal Trainer, Global Science & Technology Forum (GSTF)
7. Assessment and Certification
GSTF will asses the participants on completion of training at each. Each participant will be assessed individually at each level for their understanding of the subject matter, ability to evaluate potential option and choose suitable ones, and their knowledge in developing and deploying cloud applications. The assessments will primarily consist of 40 to 50 Multiple Choice questions in the relevant areas. The participants who successfully pass through the assessment will receive certificates awarded by GSTF.