GSTF courses are designed and developed to achieve competency over the course material and is offered both online and through in class room training. Introduction to Internet of Things (IoT), is a 1 day online course.
Check out our advanced courses, if you wish to go beyond the basic understanding of IoT as well as for other GSTFs’ training and certification programs on Cloud Computing, Big Data, IoT as well as Machine Learning and AI.
Benefits for participants attending the Introduction to IoT Course:
- Learn what is IoT and its rapidly growing impact to enterprises, nations and society.
- Learn about the convergence of IoT and Operational Technology(Embedded)
- Know what are the skill sets required for IoT
- Build a basic weather monitoring system
How technical do you have to be to take this class?
- This is an introductory course for those who want to better understand the basic principles of IoT.
- A software or hardware engineer/developer who wants to appreciate the rapidly growing demand for skills in IOT.
- A technology professional who needs to understand what a smart environment is about and explore the different use cases.
- An ICT professional who wants to explore what are the typical prototyping tools in IoT
Are there any pre-requisite for this course?
There is no pre-requisite as this is a foundation course.
What is the agenda? The course is structured in a manner to allow participants to progressively acquire knowledge, with each module building on the previous modules:
- Unit 1. Introduction to IoT
- Unit 2. IoT- Bridging IT and OT(Embedded)
- Unit 3. Potential impact of IoT on business
- Unit 4. Opportunities and Challenges in IoT
- Unit 5. Skill set required for IoT
- Unit 6. IoT Use Cases- Various smart environments
- Unit 7. An introduction to Raspberry Pi hardware
- Unit 8. Hands on with ESP8266 to measure temperature and humidity sensor.
Internet of Things (IoT) certification programs
- Internet of Things (1- Day workshop)
- 1 Hr Free Info-Session on Internet of Things
Visit our GSTF course schedule table to check our class availability.