The Internet of Things will involve trillions of connected devices which uses cloud computing and cloud based applications for accessibility. According to a report by Gartner, IoT will include 26 billion units installed by 2020 and the real value of the Internet of Things is at the intersection of gathered data and analytics performed on the data. Till date IoT-enabled business solutions were primarily in, on-premises data centers or in the cloud. But do you want to know the latest in the IoT technology stack that the enterprises will find maximum value in?
This workshop will outline the latest trends in IoT with regard to technology, use cases, priorities and the various business segments in IoT which will be covered on the first half of the day. The second half of the day will be a demonstration of an IoT use case combining different hardware and software services.
The workshop will focus on:
- Discussing the various business segments under IoT
- Describing the interaction between software and hardware in IoT
- Discussing both technology specific models and industry-specific IoT use-cases
- Different revenue models that IoT has paved way to
- Few of the top priorities of Industry CIOs today that can be addressed by IoT
- Discussing few challenges the top few IoT companies in the world are solving such as connected solutions
- The current market limitations and technology challenges of the IoT market
- Setting up an IoT proof of concept by sending temperature and humidity sensor readings through an Arduino based WiFi communication module to an IoT platform
Upon completing the workshop, the participants will be able to :
- Appreciate the business use cases in IoT
- Build an IoT use case in a day
- Appreciate the market and the technology challenges in the Internet Of Things