GSTF TRAINING & CERTIFICATION PROGRAM
With the emergence of sensors technology and the advances in communication technologies and cloud computing, we are moving towards a new computing paradigm, which will involve trillions of connected devices – IoT, Internet of Things. IoT will transform and it requires rethinking of how we compute today. According to a report by Gartner, IoT will include 26 billion units installed by 2020, and by that time, IoT product and service suppliers will generate incremental revenue exceeding $300 billion, mostly in services.
In addition, International Data Corporation (IDC) has looked at the components, processes, and IT support for IoT and expects the technology and services revenue to expand from $4.8 trillion in 2012 to $7.3 trillion by 2017 at an 8.8% CAGR, with the greatest opportunity initially in the consumer, discrete manufacturing, and government vertical industries.
Asia Pacific and North America are estimated to contribute $92.8 billion and $56.3 billion, respectively, by 2017. These regions are forecast to grow at a CAGR of 33.2% and 28.3%, respectively, from 2012 to 2017. There will be a growing demand for expertise in IoT in the APAC region.
The Certified Internet of Things Specialist – CIoTS is a comprehensive 5 days training and certification program by Global Science & Technology Forum – GSTF which focuses on the core technologies behind Internet of Things. This certification leverages and explores the infrastructure, communication, sensor technologies, networking technologies, data/storage/analytics and security aspects of IoT in building the next-generation computing realm, which makes a world fully connected.
After the course, participants will have a good understanding of the different pieces of an IoT system and how they interact.
Duration40 Hours (5 Days) Classroom Training
Participants are recommended to have preferably 1 year of experience in software development, business domain or data/business analysis. However, if you do not have any experiences, you can still consider taking up the course and we will advise / assist you accordingly.
- Up to 70% to 100% CITREP+ funding available. Terms and conditions apply. Please visit www.imtalent.sg/citrep for full details.
- Introduction to the concepts of IoT and its impact on business & government organizations through several real-life use cases
- Acquire knowledge about various components and architecture of IoT
- Understand the role of Cloud Computing (deployment and service models, architecture, private cloud infrastructural concerns, security and privacy concerns) in IoT
- Learn about the role of data mining, Business Analyticsand Big Data technologies in IoT
- Get Skilled in IoT Analytics Using RapidMiner Tool
- Get Hands-on experience in exploring ESP 8266, Raspberry Pi , Ardunio
- Unit 1. Introduction to IoT
- Unit 2. IoT Applications
- Unit 3. Overview of IoT
- Unit 4: Components and Elements of IoT
- Unit 5: Architecture of IoT System
- Unit 6: Mobile Integration to enable IoT
- Unit 7: Databases for IoT
- Unit 8. Security Aspects of IoT
- Unit 9. Privacy Aspects of IoT
Visit our GSTF course schedule to check our class availability.
GSTF Authorized Training Partners: