Introduction and Overview
Business Analytics is the emerging and fastest growing technology which every organization is embracing. As per Gartner’s prediction by 2014, 30% of analytic applications will use proactive, predictive and forecasting capabilities, and the software market for business intelligence, analytics and corporate performance management grew by 13.4% in 2010 to $10.5 billion and would continue to grow.
The Certified Business Analytics Associate (CBAA) course covers the concept of Business Analytics and its strategic importance to any organization. The course deals with basic principles, concepts, techniques and tools used in business analytics. Also, this course covers different types of business analytics with real life use cases including text analytics and web analytics. Participants will get good picture of all these concepts and how they all are interconnected to each other in organizational context.
Participants will also be exposed to various software tools in the market for analytics. The course would be ideal for executives to gain an insight on the analytics and how to align to the business vision and get the value out of it.
- 16 Hours (2 Days)
Who Should Attend?
- IT/IS Executives and Managers
- Project Managers
- Line-of-Business Executives and Functional Managers
- Technology Planners
Assessment and Certification
- Component 1: Written Examination (MCQ)
- 20 Questions
- 0.5 Hour duration
- Closed Book
- Score 70% to pass
- Upon passing the course, you will be awarded “Certified Business Analytics Associate”
- Certification body – Global Science and Technology Forum
- PIC Grant (IRAS)
- Get 60% Cash Payout, or 400% Tax Rebate on the total Training Amount Spent by the Company
- Find out more about the PIC Grant, available for training your employees and improving their productivity on IRAS website http://www.iras.gov.sg/irashome/PIcredit.aspx%23About_Productivity_and_Innovation_Credit.
- An understanding of the Business Analytics and its impact on enterprises
- Understand the types of analytics
- Understand the data/information architecture
- Understand the role of data in analytics
- Understand the concept of Business Analytics
- Why it is important and of great value to any organization
- Main motivation behind the evolution of Business Analytics
- Various type of analytics
- Descriptive Analytics
- Predictive Analytics
- Prescriptive Analytics
- Text Analytics and Web Analytics
- Understand the use of various analytics methods
- Understand the application usage of each one
- Understand the Data/Information Architecture of any organization
- Concept of Data Warehouse/Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW)
- Concept of Data Mart
- Understand Business Intelligence
- Understand the complete picture of how analytics will be applied in any organization