(a) Honorary Member
The title of Honorary Member may be conferred by the GSTF Board of Governors on those individuals, not members of GSTF, who have rendered meritorious service to humanity in GSTF’s designated fields of interest. An affirmative vote of two-thirds of the members of the GSTF Board of Governors present at the time of the vote, provided a quorum is present, shall be required for conferment at a regularly constituted meeting.
The grade of Fellow recognizes unusual distinction in the profession and shall be conferred by the Board of Governors and/or Advisors upon a person with an outstanding record of accomplishments in any of the GSTF-designated fields of interest. The accomplishments that are being honoured shall have contributed importantly to the advancement or application of science and technology, bringing the realization of significant value to society. The nominee shall hold Senior Member grade at the time the nomination is submitted and shall have been a member in good standing in any grade.
(c) Senior Member
The grade of Senior Member is the highest for which application may be made and shall require experience reflecting professional maturity. For admission or transfer to the grade of Senior Member, a candidate shall be a scientist, educator, researcher, academic, industry professional or originator in any GSTF-designated fields of interest.
The candidate shall have been in professional practice for at least ten years and shall have shown significant performance over a period of at least five of those years, such performance including one or more of the following:
- Substantial responsibility or achievement in one or more of GSTF-designated fields; or
- Publication of papers, books, or inventions in one or more of GSTF-designated fields; or
- Technical direction or management of important work with evidence of accomplishment in one or more of GSTF-designated fields; or
- Recognized contributions to the welfare of the professions encompassed by one or more of the GSTF-designated fields; or
- Development or furtherance of important courses in one or more of the GSTF-designated fields at an accredited institution; or
- Contributions equivalent to those of (a) to (e) in areas related to GSTF-designated fields, provided these contributions serve to advance progress substantially in GSTF-designated fields.
Fee: €45EUR / $60USD / $75SGD
The grade of Member is limited to those who have satisfied GSTF-specified educational requirements and/or who have demonstrated professional competence in GSTF-designated fields of interest. For admission or transfer to the grade of Member, a candidate shall be either:
- An individual who shall have received a three-to-five year university-level or higher degree from an accredited institution or program and (ii) in a GSTF-designated field; or
- An individual who shall have received a three-to-five year university-level or higher degree from an accredited institution or program and who has at least three years of professional work experience engaged in teaching, creating, developing, practicing or managing in GSTF-designated fields; or
- An individual who, through at least six years of professional work experience, has demonstrated competence in teaching, creating, developing, practicing or managing within GSTF-designated fields.
Fee: €30EUR / $40USD / $50SGD
(e) Associate Member
The grade of Associate Member is designed for technical and non-technical applicants who do not meet the qualifications for Member grade, but who would benefit through membership and participation in the GSTF, and for those who are progressing, through continuing education and work experience, towards the qualifications for Member grade.
Fee: €20EUR / $30USD / $40SGD
(g) Student Member
- A Student Member must satisfy the following conditions (1) carry at least 50% of a normal full-time academic program as a registered undergraduate or graduate student in a regular course of study in GSTF-designated fields; and (2) not yet qualify for Member grade. The total cumulative period for a member to hold the Student Member grade shall be limited to 8 years.
- Student Members, upon graduation or upon reaching the 8-year limit (whichever occurs first), with at least a baccalaureate or higher degree (or its equivalent) from an accredited institution in a GSTF-designated field shall be transferred to Member grade.
- Student Members other than those qualifying under subparagraph (b), upon graduation or upon reaching the 8-year limit (whichever occurs first) shall be transferred to Associate Member grade.
Fee: €15EUR / $20USD / $25SGD