6th Annual Global Healthcare Conference – GHC 2017
Asst. Prof. Lilly D. Engineer
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine
Department of Health Policy and Management
Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
“Improving Patient Safety in the Healthcare Setting – The Comprehensive
Unit-Based Safety Program (CUSP) and Beyond”
- Workshop on Patient-Centred Models of Care: Optimizing Integration Using Appreciative InquiryBy: Prof. Susan Nancarrow, Director of Research, School of Health & Human Sciences, Southern Cross University, AustraliaThis workshop looks at integration from the perspective of the patient. Drawing on quotes and themes from service users, participants will engage in a reflective session about what patients really want from integration in contrast to what we attempt to deliver them. Drawing on the principles of Appreciative Inquiry, participants will work in small groups to explore their responses to the issues that are highlighted as being important to service users by service users.
For more information about the workshop, please email the Conference Secretariat at email@example.com.
- GHC 2017 will constitute a Special Panel Session on “The future health workforce in global health: innovations to meet future need”, chaired by Prof. Susan Nancarrow. Submit your papers for panel discussion here.
- GHC 2017 Conference Proceedings: Print ISSN: 2251-3833, E-Periodical ISSN: 2251-3825 will be published and submitted to several indexing partners.
- Journal of Nursing and Health Care: All authors who present their papers at the conference will be invited to submit an extended version of their research paper for the GSTF Journal of Nursing and Health Care (JNHC) – Print ISSN: 2345-718X, E-periodical ISSN 2345-7198. All submitted papers will go through blind review process for acceptance. All accepted papers (after the review process) will be included in the JNHC.
- Best Paper Awards and Best Student Paper Awards will be conferred at the conference (in order to qualify for the award, the paper must be presented at the conference).
- Panel Proposals are invited for submission. A minimum of three papers centering on a specific topic will be accepted for submission under Panel Category.