GSTF TRAINING & CERTIFICATION PROGRAM
Certification in Partnership with
Global Science and Technology Forum (GSTF) has developed a comprehensive training and certification programs to provide IT professionals with expertise in building world-class cloud computing solutions and services.
“Rapid development and deployment of applications are the key reasons thousands of users are adopting cloud computing. We’ve designed our certification programs with that in mind,” said Prof. the Hon. Dr. Stephen Martin, GSTF Executive Chairman – Pro Tem. “Our certification programs offer basic concepts, advanced technologies, identifying and managing security, privacy and other risks, best practices, critical success factors, cloud strategy, adoption and management plan, cloud deployment, managing services in the cloud and business continuity.”
- Certified Cloud Computing Associate (CCCA)
- Certified Cloud Computing Specialist (*CCCS)
- Certified Cloud Computing Professional (CCCP)
* In Singapore, this training and certification program is funded by the Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore (IDA). Singapore citizens / PR are eligible for 70% of the course fees.
Workshop for Executives on Capitalising on Cloud Computing
How you can leverage cloud computing for business advantage (more details)
1. Intoduction and Overview
Cloud computing is a hot topic in computing and it offers a variety of computing resources as utilities over the Internet, on pay-for-use model. It creates a paradigm shift in how we harness IT and offers several benefits compared to traditional on-premise computing model which reduced costs, increased agility and flexibility.
Global Science and Technology Forum (GSTF) offers the following pathway program on Cloud Computing. This layered pathway program is offered as a three-level series:
GSTF cloud computing training and certification program is designed to provide practitioners and students necessary knowledge, skills and expertise in the fast growing area of cloud computing as well familiar with best practices for harnessing the benefits of cloud computing.This three-level training program is comprehensive and covers a broad spectrum of topics: basic concepts, advanced technologies, identifying and managing security, privacy and other risks, best practices, critical success factors, cloud strategy, adoption and management plan, cloud deployment, managing services in the cloud and business continuity. At each level, participants are offered a 3-day intensive training course followed by assessment resulting in certificates, providing a clear pathway for advancement in this hot topic of growing interest.
Together, these programs will cover all the major elements needed for successfully adopting cloud-computing for a wide range of applications in business, government, education, and finance. This series of courses and supporting materials will help participants get up to speed with the latest advances and best practices in cloud computing.
2. Target Participants
Cloud computing certification is one of the hottest technology certifications in today’s job market. This comprehensive training and certification program will be of specific interest to IT professionals, business analysts, managers, consultants, and system integrators as well students and executives, and help them gain new employment and/or take up new roles. This certification will address the demand from business and industry for personal who can understand, evaluate and implement cloud computing solutions.
3. Skills that the participants will gain
This three-level training program will provide the participants with in-depth knowledge, skills and expertise needed to understand, evaluate, develop and deploy computing services and solutions for a range of applications. Specifically,
- Foundations of Cloud Computing(Certified Cloud Computing Associate, Level 1) will impart the participants the ability to understand the principles and foundations of cloud computing, various types of clouds, and current cloud offerings that they can make use; the skills to identify potential, benefits and risks of cloud computing, and the ability to evaluate cloud’s basic offerings. The program will provide participants essential skills to understand the concepts of cloud computing as well the technologies and framework that support cloud computing, the ability to apply cloud computing, and the ability examine and recommend suitability of, as well as implications of, cloud computing for a given application considering several technical and non-technical aspects.
- Cloud Computing Technologies, Services, and Applications(*Certified Cloud Computing Specialist, Level 2) will impart participant an in-depth knowledge of cloud computing – architectures, technologies, application development on clouds, emerging cloud standards, and performance monitoring and evaluation. Participants will gain the skills to review in depth a variety of currently available cloud computing options, to discuss issue and challenges, and to develop clouds, offer cloud computing services, and develop and deploy applications in clouds, addressing the cloud challenges.
- Deploying and Managing Applications in Clouds
(Certified Cloud Computing Professional, Level 3) will impart participants various technical management skills needed to successfully identify, deploy and managing various types of applications in clouds, and to develop and implement enterprise cloud strategy, as well the ability to harness the potential of the clouds maximizing the benefits and minimising the risks and meeting compliance and regulatory requirements.
4. About the Program
Participants will undergo a 3-day intensive training program for each level. The program will consist of lectures/presentations augmented with tutorials discussions, case studies and interactive question and answers sessions. Participants will also receive comprehensive course materials and resources for further information. Thus, the participants will learn from different means and sources: lecture/presentations, tutorial discussions, Q&A sessions, comprehensive lecture notes, and handy additional resources.
5. Assessment and Certification
GSTF will asses the participants on completion of training at each. Each participant will be assessed individually at each level for their understanding of the subject matter, ability to evaluate potential option and choose suitable ones, and their knowledge in developing and deploying cloud applications. The assessments will primarily consist of 40 to 50 Multiple Choice questions in the relevant areas. The participants who successfully pass through the assessment will receive certificates awarded by GSTF.
Two-Day Workshop for Executives on
Capitalising on Cloud Computing
How you can leverage cloud computing for business advantage
Cloud computing, a new popular paradigm in IT, is transforming every enterprise, regardless of its size or industry sector, in a significant manner. Many enterprises have gained significant benefits by adopting cloud computing services. Different types of cloud computing services from several vendors are now available and their adoption has been rapidly growing. Several factors have led to cloud computing’s emergence as a new IT service delivery model that appeals not only to the IT industry but also to individual users, businesses, educational institutions, governments, and community organizations.
Cloud computing is now a strategic priority for many enterprises and IT professionals around the world. The key to success in using clouds to your advantage is to have a clear understanding of clouds’ potential and limitations and to effectively leverage the new opportunities cloud computing offers to your advantage, minimising the risks.
The two-day workshop delivered by Dr San Murugesan, an international expert and corporate trainer in cloud computing with vast experience, will help you gain relevant comprehensive cloud computing knowledge from managerial and business perspectives and address the questions that executives have in using cloud services. It will also help you to develop a cloud strategy that suits your needs and business goals. The workshop will discuss the cloud’s current status and selection of cloud services and service providers, address key considerations in adopting cloud services and explore the new paradigm’s transformational potential.
Who Should Attend?
The workshop is meant of all mid-level and senior managers, project directors, team leaders and executives in business, industry and government organisations. No prior knowledge of computing is necessary, and this workshop is targeted at both managers and executives in IT and non-IT areas.
Why to Participate in the Workshop
Participation in this workshop will help you to understand several key aspects of cloud computing – principles of cloud computing, cloud services currently available, applications that are better suited for cloud, and deployment considerations. It’ll also help you comprehend how cloud computing can create a competitive advantage, understand the cloud pitfalls, create your cloud strategy and successfully mange cloud deployment minimising risks and addressing concerns. You will gain the expertise you need to align cloud computing with your firm’s overall business-technology strategy and oversee the cloud adoption at different levels in an enterprise.
Topics of Coverage
- What is cloud computing
- Cloud computing characteristics
- Types of cloud services and cloud deployments
- Promise of cloud computing to business and industry
- Cloud limitations and concerns on cloud deployments
- Cloud service providers
- How businesses can use cloud computing
- Managing security and privacy in clouds
- Service Level Agreement (SLAs) for cloud services
- Business and managerial implications of cloud computing
- Enterprise cloud strategy
- Real-world cloud applications and case studies: What we can learn from them
- Cloud trends and implications
Dr. San Murugesan is a member of the GSTF Advisory Board & a leading international expert in cloud computing, green IT, Web 2.0 and e-business with over 30 year professional experience. He is adjunct professor at the University of Western Sydney and is a former Senior Research Fellow of US National Research Council and NASA Ames Research Center, California, USA. He has decades of experience in industry and academia, and worked in USA, Australia, Malaysia and India holding several senior positions. He has delivered several workshops, keynotes and training programs globally to business executives and IT professionals on key new topics of interest in IT. He has written several highly popular executive reports on IT and several articles in professional IT magazines and journals. He edits the IEEE Computer Society’s flagship magazine Computer’s new “Cloud Cover” column and is a member and group leader of IEEE CS Cloud Computing Strategic Technology Committee. His new book, Harnessing Green IT: Principles and Practices (Wiley 2012) is well recognised in professional and academic circles. He is a fellow of the Australian Computer Society, a distinguished visitor of the IEEE Computer Society, and Associate Editor in Chief of IT Professional magazine and Editor of Computer.
GSTF Authorized Training Partners:
For Partnership enquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org